Join a team of highly skilled, motivated professionals as an Accounts Payable Specialist through this opportunity offered by Valley Personnel. In this position, you will be required to manage all general administrative needs of the AP/Finance Department. You will work closely and report to the Chief Finance Officer. Matching and batching code, resolving A/P issues, processing expense reports, updating and reconciling sub-ledger to G/L, and processing checks are integral functions for this position. This is a role for a highly motivated professional who is result-oriented.
- Process accounts payable invoices and ensure accurate coding and data entry.
- Reconcile vendor statements and resolve any discrepancies.
- Assist with month-end closing activities related to accounts payable.
- Process invoices in Canadian and USD.
- Process Bi-weekly cheque runs.
- Support the AP/Finance Department by completing administrative tasks.
- Manage validating, recording, and mailing checks and expedite special handling.
- Organize, register, scan, and file invoices, checks, and other documents.
- Manage customer service tasks for internal business partners.
- Handle daily department mail by opening, sorting, and distributing it.
- Accomplish full-cycle A/P.
- Perform daily processes and controls correctly and punctually, ensuring company policies are followed.
- Complete special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Assist with internal and external audits as needed.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in accounts payable or related field.
- Proficiency in using accounting software is considered an asset.
- Strong data entry skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of account reconciliation processes and procedures.
- Ability to analyze financial data and identify trends or discrepancies.
- Proven knowledge of Purchase Orders.
- Command of Vendor Records.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel.
- Multi-currency experience is an asset.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Retirement savings plan with employer match.
- Paid time off and holidays.
If you have the required experience and skills for this position, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume for consideration.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mission, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounts payable: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person
|Job Category||Accounting/Finance, Accounts Payable|