Our client, located in Maple Ridge is looking to add a senior role to their existing team.
The Senior Accountant will maintain the day-to-day banking relationships, including compliance reporting, and compiling year-end working papers as required by the external accountant.
- Works with the CFO to prepare and develop annual operating and capital budgets by coordinating the budgeting process and provides advice, analysis, and assistance to the management team; analyzes related data and prepares statistical reports as required
- Performs financial accounting for the company, ensuring timely completion of the monthly accounting cycle including bank reconciliations and payroll; provides timely monthly financial statements
- Works with the CFO to ensure effective controls and accuracy of the inventory management system including accurate standard costing of all inventory purchased and manufactured, reconciliation of count discrepancies, and inventory reporting, including margin analysis
- Guides and mentors but does not manage other accounting support roles
- Key relationships with AP, AR and Payroll
- Reports directly to the CFO