We are currently accepting resumes for the position of Machinist/Maintenance/ Millwright, located out of our Delta branch. The successful candidate will help maintain the site facilities such as welding & fabrication, machine maintenance, troubleshooting problems, assisting in machine upgrades, general housekeeping duties, and helping plant staff when needed. The candidate will have prior experience working in a manufacturing facility both independently and in a team setting. This individual must be comfortable with factory working conditions that can be noisy/dusty/hot/cold.
- Demonstrate technical leadership in hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Perform facility mechanical repairs as required.
- Troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic, and electro/mechanical systems and identify and implement corrective actions including equipment and control changes to maximize output and efficiency
- Perform repairs, upgrade and install electronic controls and equipment.
- Operate machine shop equipment.
- Assist equipment operators to improve line efficiency.
- Some heavy lifting may be necessary.
- Assist in the design and fabrication of machine parts and tooling.
- Perform maintenance tasks as identified and scheduled by the plant preventative maintenance schedule and based on management requirements and instructions.
- Assist in creating and implementing preventative maintenance systems and spare parts inventory.
- Work efficiently and effectively with teammates in various departments and help to achieve production objectives.
- Work safely in a safety culture team environment.
- Ability to work alone and within a team environment
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and general housekeeping. A leader in keeping the shop clean and organized.
- Certified Journeyman or Red Seal Millwright designation (would be an asset)
- Experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical required.
- Must put a high priority on working safely and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Read and interpret schematics, electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical drawings for plant equipment and processes.
- Welding and steel fabrication experience.
- Some knowledge of PLCs and step ladder logic.
|Job Category||Manufacturing, Millwright, Trades & Labour|