We are seeking hardworking, reliable Fabricators & Welders with strong problem-solving abilities.
If you have good communication skills, are able to think on your feet, and can work independently we would be very interested in hearing from you.
Skills and Qualifications
- Reliability and Punctuality are essential
- Must be within reasonable commuting distance of Abbotsford, BC
- Must have reliable transport and hold a BC drivers license
- Ability to Read, Write and speak English
- Read and follow shop drawings & blueprints
- Calculate material measurements to verify product specifications.
- Able to lift 30-50 Lbs
- Must be familiar with shop drawings/blueprints
- Able to work on ladders and scaffolding
- Prefer the ability to operate brake press, shear. Ironworkers, bandsaw, waterjet, and other fabrication machines.
- Sheet metal and Structural steel fabrication experience: 1-year minimum;
- Journeyperson Fabricators and Welders, as well as experienced apprentices, are highly desired;
- A valid forklift license is an asset;
- Experience with various hand tools and procedures;
- Familiarity with brake press, shear, horizontal bandsaw an asset;
- Occupational First Aid Level 1, an asset;
- Trades-related work experience: 1-year minimum.
A welding/fabrication competency test will form part of the interviewing process.
Workers will be required to provide their own small toolbox with basic tools.
|Job Category||Manufacturing, Trades & Labour, Welders|