Our client in Abbotsford is looking for a key team member to manage their local office. You MUST speak English and French fluently, have MS Office experience, great communication skills and are an independent spirit as you are working on your own most of the time. This is a part-time role with an amazing hourly wage and fantastic benefits. The former employee worked 9-12:15 each day, as this schedule suited a young family.
Description of tasks
- Work primarily and in close collaboration with union advisors from the organization or department.
- Receives and forwards telephone calls and provides information as required. Collaborates in coworkers’ schedule management.
- Edits various texts, documents, reports and correspondence.
- Writes various correspondence, acknowledgements of receipt, meeting notices etc.
- Greets, guides and responds to visitors requests as necessary.
- Performs various internal and external communications.
- May occasionally be called upon to take notes during meetings.
- Prepares or collaborates in the technical preparation and holding of various meetings, sessions, bodies, committees, conferences, etc.
- Prepares files and ensures follow-up and filing
- Makes the various photocopies required for the work.
- Purchase required supplies and attends to the maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Performs, some simple accounting upon request.
- Very good knowledge of French and English (oral and written)
- Good knowledge of secretarial techniques including a good knowledge of word processing software. (MS Office Suite)
- Autonomy, initiative, judgement, ability to work with precision and speed.
- Knowledge of the labor movement and adherence to the orientations of the CSN Benefits
- Work schedule 16.15 hours a week
- Salary range: 41.41$. to 44.71$ per hour depending on experience.
- Or $34 992.00 to $37 776 .00 annually
- Minimum of 20 days of vacation upon hiring.
- 5 days of personal leave and 5 days for family obligations.
- 10 statutory holidays in addition to the period between Christmas Eve and the day after New Year’s Day.
- Group insurance premiums entirely assumed by the employer.
- Defined benefit pension plan.
|Job Category||Executive, Professional & Office Staff, Office Administration|