Quantity Surveyor (Estimator)
This position involves blueprint reading and estimation and requires the management of all costs relating to roofing, gutter installation, wall cladding installation and sheet metal projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. It seeks to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Reviews architectural plans and prepare quantity needs.
- Estimates quantity and costs of materials.
- Prepares contracts and documents.
- Sets budgets for payments, inventory needs, and materials.
- Analyzes costs for maintenance and additional building needs.
- Tracks changes in plans or constructions; update budgets.
- Negotiates with contractors and subcontractors.
- Hires and documents contractors and subcontractors.
- Acts as a liaison between clients and site managers/engineers.
- Keeps track of construction materials and inventory.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Previous experience estimating projects into the $2 million range.
- Experience in the roofing building sectors of the construction industry, particularly high-rise tower construction, would be an asset.
- Experience with estimating software, spreadsheet design and blueprint reading, including PlanSwift.
- Ability to use CAD programs.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Graduate from recognized engineering, architectural or construction management program is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in the roofing field in similar or related position.
- Ability to work in an office and in the field in a fast-paced environment with variable working hours.
Enjoy various challenges with a multitasked position from sales through to the completion of a building project. Ideal candidate will have the desire, ability and ambition to work long term in the company.
If you are driven, diligent and looking to join a growing roofing company that offers stimulating work, long-term growth potential and the opportunity to part of a team-oriented environment, contact Valley Personnel today. If you possess these skills and qualifications, kindly contact Sieglinde Malmberg by phone at 604-859-6511 or by email at email@example.com.
|Job Category||Construction/Trades, Executive, Professional & Office Staff, Office Administration, Trades & Labour|