Our client is based in the Abbotsford area and known for their growth from a small family run business to an international contributor to the dairy industry. Values such as transparency, ethics and outstanding service to customers have allowed them to build long-standing relationships with both clients and employees. Their motto is ” pride in creating a healthy, respectful and safe working environment for all”.
The primary role of the Production Machine Operator position is the safe and efficient operation of the equipment and product testing. This position requires rotating shift-work, including weekends and holiday rotations in a 24/7 operation. Every 3 months you will be expected to change your shift.
- Set up, operate, shut down and CIP plant equipment
- Complete required documentation. I.E. record production information on batch sheets
- Package and palletize finished product.
- Quality Control
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and regulatory requirements.
- Perform required in-process product testing and record test results
- Ensure samples for the lab are taken and submitted
- Run cleaning and sanitation procedures (CIPs & COPs) on all equipment after production
- Safety & Environment
- Adhere to all safety practices and protocols related to job responsibilities and tasks including wearing all PPE when handling chemicals
- Act in accordance with company policies related to personal and group health and safety practices and procedure
- Experience working with machinery, preferably within food processing/manufacturing;
- Able to understand and follow detailed instructions (solid English language skills);
- Able to lift 25kg several times a day;
- Have operated manual, power pallet jacks, and/or forklifts;
- Basic proficiency in MS Word, MS Outlook, and spreadsheet/database (MS Excel).
This role is a permanent, full-time position starting as soon as possible. Pay rate is $17.50-$18.50 per hour to start. Excellent benefits are also available.
|Job Category||Construction/Trades, metal|