Our Client has a virtual legal office in the Fraser Valley with the ability to work predominantly from home and is looking for a full-time Litigation Legal Assistant to assist in legal administrative support for one litigator/mediator.
- Liaising with clients and third parties as required
- Organizing, updating and reviewing bring forward systems, reports and calendars along with booking appointments, setting discovery dates, mediation, trials, etc.
- Reviewing, responding to and drafting correspondence
- Dictation of legal correspondence and documents
- Drafting and preparing correspondence, pleadings, applications, affidavits and trial materials
- Opening and closing files
- Managing monthly billing
- Conducting BC OnLine searches and filings
- Managing filing and file organization, both electronic and paper
- Handling and prioritizing workload independently and efficiently
Skills and Experience Required
- Has a minimum of 5 years’ relevant legal experience
- Demonstrates strong computer skills including Outlook, Word, and Adobe
- Working knowledge of PC Law and e-billing (or ability to learn)
- Has a sound understanding of BC Supreme Court rules for civil litigation
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle required
- Required to travel within the Fraser Valley area on an as-needed basis
- Must be trustworthy and self-disciplined and knows how to take the initiative
- Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Based on experience
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AUTHORIZATION/PERMIT TO WORK IN CANADA WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP.
Kindly send us your resume and we will contact you shortly.
|Job Category||Executive, Professional & Office Staff, Legal|