Fast growing business is looking for top gun auto upholsterers, car audio installers, car builders.
Work on some beauties, make great money, set your own hours and have a team to help you succeed.
Please contact Sieglinde at Valley Personnel, 604-859-6511 or 604-897-3214.
- Repair vintage automobiles, trucks, buses, and other motor vehicles
- Specialize in custom hot rod and exotic cars
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance
- Use diagnostic tools to test vehicle components
- Perform quality inspections prior to purchasing
- ongoing detailing of vehicles
- strong sourcing skills for custom and vintage vehicles
- Current knowledge of the changes in plastics, electronics, metals, finishes and vehicle systems.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Examines shop order to ascertain part, material, operation and quantities.
- Checks parts against print and shop orders for dimensions and weld size to be applied.
- Commit to safe work habits and industry safety programs.
- Use frame machines to straighten bent frames and unitized bodies.
- Remove or repair sections of vehicles (e.g., roof, rear body panels, etc.) and weld in new sections
- Repair damage to body panels and weld sheet metal.
- Apply masking to the bumpers, windows and trim and use a spray gun to apply primer. The auto body technician will then clean and smooth the surface before applying the finish.
- Repair and/or replace interior and exterior components such as instrument panels, seat frame assemblies, carpets and floorboard insulation, trim panels and mouldings.
- Replace accident damage components in hybrid systems, airbags and restraint systems.
- Inspect vehicles for dimensional accuracy and test drive them to ensure proper alignment and handling.
- Realign car frames and chassis to repair structural damage.
- Hammer out or patch dents, dimples and other damage.
- Install and weatherproof windows and windshields.
- Grind, sand, buff and prime refurbished surfaces.
- Perform maintenance tasks like replacing head lamps, testing shocks, evaluating brakes, etc.
- Coordinate with parts and inventory to limit delays and improve efficiency.
- Remove damaged sections of vehicles using metal-cutting guns, air grinders and wrenches, and install replacement parts using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Read specifications or confer with customers in order to determine the desired custom modifications for altering the appearance of vehicles.
Skills and Abilities
- Strength, stamina and the use of proper lifting techniques to handle heavy tools and parts weighing up to 25 kilograms.
- Hand skills to perform technical repairs.
- Creativity, patience and an eye for detail.
- Good colour vision.
- Previous experience as a mechanic
- Custom metal fabricating a must
- Knowledge of shop equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment