Our client in Edmonton is looking for a General Foreman for his Construction site in Langley. This role will report to the Site Superintendent and will last 16-18 months. The project is a 100,000 + sq foot warehouse.
Foreman are required to assist the Site Superintendent in all aspects of the day to day operation of the assigned project. Foreman act as frontline supervisors that maintain and facilitate directives as requested from the Site Superintendent
- Assist in the preparation and record-keeping of worker timesheets and requests
- Read and interpret drawings and blueprints to perform layout including material selection, planning sequences and methods of work
- Enforce and actively participate in educating all workers with DWCL safety policies and procedures
- Track inventory for tools and equipment and initialize requisitions for needed parts or materials
- Monitor daily construction procedures and manage sub-contractors to ensure that proper quality is maintained and that schedules are being followed
- Ensure that all materials, supplies, tools and equipment are procured in a time-efficient manner
- Report and investigate incidents and emergencies in a proactive manner
- Handle the creation of job duties and delegate tasks to staff and temporary workers
- Perform daily tasks in conjunction with site carpenters/labourers to meet project demands
- Participate in the mentorship program and ensure all workers receive adequate job-specific training
- You should have a ticket in Carpentry, Electrical or Concrete
This is a permanent full-time role as the job will continue once the project is completed. A local office in the Fraser Valley is planned.
Payrate is $35-$40 per hour, benefits after 3 months.
|Job Category||Construction/Trades, Site Foreman, Trades & Labour|