Our client in the Fraser Valley is looking for an experienced Forklift Operator who loves the COLD! The temperatures range between -2 and 4 degrees, with a wind chill factor of -20 degrees.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Punctual, as shipping/receiving runs on a schedule and some things can be time-sensitive.
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to complete the necessary paperwork in an accurate and legible manner.
- High regard for safety.
- Able to safely operate warehouse equipment, such as power jacks and Counterbalanced rider trucks
- Ability to adapt to a changing workload while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Able to work in a cooler / freezer environment for long periods of time.
- Able to lift 25-30kg as required
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Build and maintain good communication with Leadhands and Supervisors, identifying problems, working on solutions, providing recommendations, etc.
- Fill out daily mobile equipment inspections before use.
- Observe all safety policies and procedures; wear appropriate safety equipment.
- Loading and unloading trailers by hand or mobile equipment as required.
- Prepare out-going shipments by staging completed orders on the dock prior to pick up.
- Receive incoming shipments of various products, sort, count, and insure material matches the Unload Tally paperwork for that shipment. (take pictures as required)
- Inspection of incoming/outgoing products – check for any damages, dirty containers, broken pallets etc.(take pictures as required)
- Filling out the daily shipping / receiving logs with the required information
- Transport received products to freezer/cooler to be put away.
- Maintain cleanliness of the warehouse by sweeping and removing the trash.
- Hand wrap pallets as required to reduce damage and ensure safe transport or storage.
- Perform all duties in a highly ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Report all incidents to a Leadhand or a Supervisor, such as damaged product or equipment.
- Participate in inventory activities as required.
- Performs general warehouse functions as necessary.
Payrate is $20.00 per hour, with full benefits after 3 months. Shifts are afternoons or graveyard. Must have reliable transportation.
|Job Category||Forklift, Trades & Labour, Warehouse|