The Facilities Supervisor is responsible for the cleanliness and upkeep of buildings, green space and worker residences. This is an essential role within the company as it provides an efficient, clean, and safe workplace. This individual is responsible for spaces including but not limited to office buildings, lawn and garden areas, worker housing, and growing spaces containing crops. The Facilities Supervisor plays an instrumental role in the continuous improvement of workplace cleanliness and fostering a safety culture.
This position reports directly to the CEO. There is a lateral relationship with departmental managers of the organization, including Growing, Maintenance, Administration, and Operations. The Facilities Supervisor will work closely with the Service & Maintenance department. This position requires work both indoors and outdoors as required. The Facilities Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of the work of a small group of seasonal assistants. This person implements and provides training for all individuals under their supervision. After training is complete it is expected that the Facilities Supervisor will be able to perform tasks independently and autonomously.
During the main season (March-October) the Facilities Supervisor may be required to work irregular hours depending on the weather and operational requirements of the company.
- Oversight and completion of tasks pertaining to indoor facility cleanliness. Locations include worker housing, office spaces, and growing facilities. Tasks required include but are not limited to sweeping, mopping, dusting, disinfection, and removal of debris.
- Oversight and completion of tasks pertaining to outdoor maintenance. Locations include the general lawn and garden landscape, office exteriors, and growing location exteriors. Tasks required include but are not limited to lawn care, weed spraying, pressure washing, hedge trimming, and garden plantings.
- Work with industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Undertake duties as assigned for seasonal or emergency tasks, including snow removal and assisting the Service & Maintenance department.
- Ensure site security is maintained. Test alarms on a routine basis, identify and address potential security concerns.
- Curate inventory for sanitation/hygiene supplies.
- Contribute to facilities planning (new buildings/layouts) to ensure hygiene and organization of clean-focused workflows.
- Oversight and completion of tasks pertaining to equipment cleanliness and upkeep including but not limited to propagation supplies, landscaping equipment, and operational/processing machinery.
- Assist tradespersons with tasks pertaining to plumbing, HVAC, and other external facilities vendors.
- Perform routine facility inspections for cleanliness and safety compliance. Identify and report minor or major repairs to the Service and Maintenance team.
- Ensure compliance with company rules regarding COVID-19.
- Must always adhere to safe work practices and procedures as well as other applicable health and safety laws and regulations.
The compensation range is $55,000+ with extended benefits, on-site parking, RRSP matching and company events. If you are looking for a truly fun place to work with kind and friendly colleagues and management, please apply.
|Job Category||Agriculture, Trades & Labour|