Our client in Langley (Port Kells), is looking to add a professional Cost Accountant to their existing team. You must have a minimum of 5 years of experience within cost accounting and be very familiar with financial modeling in Excel.
You will be responsible for updating and maintaining the cost allocations manual, analysis for lower of costs vs. market analysis, and updating any manuals or guidelines associated with the allocation of corporate and shared services overhead costs.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to Senior Managers and the Executive Management Team on complex cost allocation issues and challenges and make recommendations based on detailed data analysis.
- Provide timely and accurate responses for data requests associated with overhead cost allocations.
- Provide detailed budget monthly journal entries and true-up actual entries for reporting purposes.
- Build-out cost allocation models to support the annual budget cycle, regulatory and cost of service models, and annual valuation.
- Update the cost allocation model and all cost allocations guidelines/manuals.
- Complete the external audit of the prior year corporate and shared services overhead cost allocations.
- Respond to data requests from regulatory commissions, operating business units, and other key stakeholders.
- Provide detailed monthly journal entries associated with budget cost allocations to each operating business unit.
- Provide quarterly, and eventually monthly, true-up calculations associated with actual overhead cost allocations.
- Work with external auditors on the annual CAM audit. Provide support to internal experts on data requests, methodology questions, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a high degree of customer service, while prioritizing and balancing competing interests
- Excellent command of English, along with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-motivate and be an effective team player
- Strong attention to detail, good judgment and problem-solving skills
Compensation for this role is at the $80,000 + range and includes a full benefits package.
|Job Category||Accounting/Finance, Executive, Professional & Office Staff|